Opposition Leader Lennox Linton has written to the Financial Secretary Rosamund Edwards in his capacity as Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee to ask for information pertaining to Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme.
Mr. Linton made the announcement at a press conference of his United Workers Party on Wednesday.
This follows his presentation to parliament last week when he charged that Government had failed to account for over 1 billion dollars of passport sales.
The Opposition Leader requested the following things from the FS:
- Number of citizenships approved by Government with details for the last three years.
- Amount of money paid for the approved citizenships with details.
- Receipts, disbursements and year end balances, for all special funds, trust funds, Escrow accounts and any other funds or accounts related to CBI.
Meantime Hotel Developer Sam Raphael says calculations presented in parliament by Opposition Leader Lennox Linton about monies from the sale of Dominican passports are wrong.
Sam Raphael who owns the newly reopened Jungle Bay Resort and Spa, funded through the CBI programme, says the figures used by Mr. Linton to reach his conclusion that over 1 billion dollars was unaccounted for, are false.