Chairman of the Dominica festival Committee Gerald Cooles-Lartigue says there are some positives that came out of the hours of carnival Monday and Tuesday jump up this year.
While many may have questioned the hour of Carnival Monday and Tuesday for 2018 there are still those who believe the timing was in keeping the build back better initiative form government and that it was done with the safety of all in mind.
He was speaking at the prize giving ceremony for carnival 2018 which saw ONLY trophies and plaque as opposed to cash given in previous years.
Cooles-Lartigue has expressed thanks to the sponsor who came on board ion making the 2018 carnival what is was.
Chairman of the DFC Gerard Cooles-Lartigue
Photo’s of a few awardees
Meanwhile here are the winners in the various categories as presented by the DFC at a press conference this morning
- MOST CREATIVE JOUVERT GROUP – CHOU POUL
- LARGEST LAPO KABWIT BAND – Police LapeauKabwit
- LONGEST LAPO KABWIT – Newtown LapeauKabwit
- LARGEST JOUVERT GROUP – Lumination by Signal Band
- MOST CREATIVE INDIVIDUAL MALE – Dorian Carbon (Going In The Shower)
- MOST CREATIVE INDIVIDUAL FEMALE – Yvette Bannis (Maria Tarpaulin) –
- MOST CREATIVE TRADITIONAL GROUP – Bacchanal Women
- MOST CREATIVE T-SHIRT BAND – Klubird
- MOST CREATIVE SCHOOL BAND – Grand Fond Primary
- CHILDREN BAND –PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE– Lucia Lander Dance Group
- CHILDREN BAND –PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE– Pioneer Prep
- SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION– Castle Bruce Secondary School
- MOST CREATIVE COSTUME BAND –Thunderbirds – Caesar Emanuel