The Dominica Labour Party (DLP) on Friday, November 18, nominated a full slate of twenty-one candidates to contest the December 6 general elections.
Prime Minister of Dominica and DLP Leader, Roosevelt Skerrit was nominated in his hometown, Vieille Case, to contest his 6th election.
The other candidates nominated on Friday are:
– Octavia Alfred Castle Bruce
– Daren Pinard Colihaut
– Roland Royer Cottage
– Dr. Vince Henderson Grand Bay
– Dr. Cassandra Williams LaPlaine
– Cassanni Laville Mahaut
– Gregory Riviere Marigot
– Gretta Roberts Morne Jaune/Riviere Cyrique
– Lakeyia Joseph Paix Bouche
– Jullan Defoe Petite Savanne
– Fenella Wenham Portsmouth
– Melissa Poponne-Skerrit Roseau Central
– Miriam Blanchard Roseau North
– Chekira Lockhart-Hypolite Roseau South
– Dr. Irving McIntyre Roseau Valley
– Lynsia Frank Salisbury
– Cozier Frederick Salybia
– Darron Lloyd St. Joseph
– Denise Charles Soufriere
– Fidel Grant Wesley
Nominations began today at 9am and will continue until 4pm, for seven hours continuously. If at the end of seven hours, there is only one candidate duly nominated, the returning officer will immediately declare that candidate to be duly elected.